Enterprise Architect FTE
Transitional Data Services (TDS) is a leader in professional services for the Cloud and Virtual Data Center with offerings including assessments, architecture, build-out and migrations.
Due to significant, continued growth in the demand of strategic assessments, architecture, and migrations for Cloud and large-scale, enterprise data centers, TDS is expanding its consulting organization.
Join a team of the brightest, most talented people working with cutting edge technologies in developing and implementing solutions for Fortune 1000 and leading Internet businesses.
- 10 plus years virtualization design and implementation
- 5 plus years of SAN and data migration management
- 5 plus years public and private Cloud experience
- 5 plus years consulting experience
- Experience with risk assessment and gap analysis
- Experience with DR solutions
- Expert knowledge of public and private Cloud offerings and ability to match to business requirements with platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure, and SoftLayer
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware, Citrix, Microsoft
- VMware vSphere architecture experience with full-spectrum product experience
- SAN architecture and data replication experience
- Data protection and DR technology experience
- Knowledge of network requirements/solutions to facilitate Cloud and data center migrations
- Expert strategic consulting skills
- Stellar communication and writing skills
- Able to lead architecture whiteboard sessions and customer presentations
- Able to develop Cloud readiness assessments and recommendations
- Ability to comfortably interact with C-level executives, IT management, Sales executives and engineers in a consultative manor
- Current or prior systems engineering experience, Windows and/or Linux
- Experience in PCI, HIPAA or SOX compliance environments
- Certifications with named vendors and platforms for virtualization and Cloud
- Perform strategic assessments of Client data center environments to determine Cloud strategies, cloud readiness, business cases, and optimal hosting options.
- Support developing RFP’s for Client’s strategy to select Cloud/hosting services, evaluate bids and develop response scorecards
- Develop technical strategies, optimal toolsets and low-level procedures to perform virtual and data migrations to the Cloud and target data centers.
- Development of custom and repeatable service offerings and TDS consulting delivery methodology, deliverable templates and intellectual property to better serve Client compute environments for Virtual, Hybrid and Cloud-based secure computing.
- Educate TDS clients on new computing models and the technical details that accompany them.
- Author and present best practice, position and technology papers on various aspects of Cloud and Virtual computing.
- Pre-sales solutioning for Cloud, Virtual and Data migration services to include development of statements of work, scoping and job costing.
- Develop material to support engineer-training initiatives for execution of cloud, virtual and data migrations.
- Review and interpret emerging technologies as they relate to Cloud Computing, virtual architecture and data migration strategies.
- Lead and mentor TDS consultants and engineers within your project teams.
- Support oral presentations for Sales, project kick-off meetings, milestone review meetings, delivery quality oversight and deliverable presentations
- Local and out-of-state project related travel (~30-40% on average)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Fill out form below to apply: