The Migration Consultant focuses on delivering projects in the field of infrastructure technologies including data center consolidation/relocation, and migration (physical and logical) including server, storage, virtualization, and database.
The position will require strong client facing skills and a consulting background. The candidate will support all aspects of the data center migration project.
- Obtain and maintain working knowledge of the TDS TransitionManager transformation tool and use in the delivery of migration projects
- Take direction from TDS Project Management team and Sr. Migration Consultant to deliver Client projects
- Support migration discovery, analysis & planning and execution project phases with Clients and TDS resources
- Work with Client and TDS Project Management to gather/analyze Client requirements and match to TDS solutions
- Analyze gathered environment data to normalize, map and import to establish dependencies and determine move groups and events.
- Participate in meetings to determine the level of granularity and sequencing required in Migration runbooks.
- Create or edit runbooks necessary to facilitate move events.
- Participate in SME interviews to gather system, application and dependency information.
- Attend logistical and technical migration strategy sessions with TDS consultants and Clients
- Work to deliver assigned tasks per defined project schedules
- Attend remote and on-site meetings with Clients.
- Participate in regular status meetings with Client and TDS project team.
- Identify and communicate project risks, issues and mitigation strategies
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Help develop Client presentations and project Deliverables
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to team and superiors.
- Support Client deliverable presentations.
- Knowledge and experience in application, data center and infrastructure projects – data center migrations and consolidations.
- Understanding of and ability to perform server and application dependency analysis.
- General understanding of data center IT functions with a focus on application, server, storage, and network
- Skill in technical planning of information technology projects
- General understanding of Client/Server application architectures and platform requirements
- General understanding of Cloud deployment architectures and migration strategies
- Comfort with data manipulation and cleansing using MS Excel and/or DB tools
- Knowledge of MS Excel advanced features (V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas, etc.) is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field
- 2+ years of progressive experience in the delivery of data center consulting services
- 4+ years of overall IT technology project experience
- Travel up to 40%
- Must be able to handle changing priorities and schedules
- Some weekend and night work is common since data center moves are conducted during non-peak business hours
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.
Fill out form below to apply: