Presales Solutions Architect
Join a team of bright, talented people working with cutting-edge technologies to implement solutions for Fortune 1000 businesses. The Solutions Architect will work closely with the Sales, Portfolio Management, Delivery Services, strategic partners and customers to help position TDS products and services as well as assist with the definition and prioritization of new offerings.
The Solutions Architect will assist all pre-sales support activities, ensuring those activities are completed in a timely and high-quality manner. The SA will be responsible for understanding an assigned client / prospect / partner’s current environment, technical challenges and requirements from an infrastructure, network, security and application perspective. He/she will use his/her knowledge of the customer, TDS capabilities and partner competencies to craft technically superior solutions that enable the client to envision their end state environment and how they will successfully achieve their objectives. Additionally, the ideal candidate will develop a broad and deep understanding of various solutions in the market and an ability to interact with both customer and partner technical buyers, influencers and executives. This role will contribute to extending the depth and breadth of TransitionManager capabilities to enable early and long-term customer success.
The position requires a mixture of problem-solving, innovation, requirements definition, technical skills and follow-through on commitments.
- 5 plus years solutions architecture or sales engineering experience
- 5 plus years public cloud experience
- 5 plus years data center and/or cloud migration and transformation experience
- 5 plus years consulting experience
- Experience with risk assessment and gap analysis
- Experience with DR solutions
- Experience with application modernization/Rationalization
- Expert knowledge of public cloud offerings and ability to match to business requirements with platforms and feature sets such as AWS, Google and Azure
- Expert with one or more cloud adoption frameworks
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware, Citrix, Microsoft
- VMware vSphere architecture experience with full-spectrum product experience
- SAN architecture and data replication experience
- Data protection and DR technology experience
- Adept at analyzing the tradeoffs in application rationalization and modernization planning
- Knowledge of container and microservices technologies
- Knowledge of network requirements/solutions to facilitate cloud and data center migrations
- Infrastructure Modernization
- Expert solutions architecture skills
- Stellar communication and writing skills
- Proven track record of assisting with individual and team quotas
- Able to lead architecture whiteboard sessions and customer presentations
- Able to develop cloud readiness assessments and recommendations
- Ability to comfortably interact with C-level executives, IT management, sales executives and engineers in a consultative manner
- Able to simultaneously work on multiple projects/sales opportunities and request help when required to hit deadlines
- Certifications with named vendors and platforms for Cloud, Virtualization, DR and Application Rationalization
- Gain strong familiarity with TDS’s Transition Manager (TM) software, including capabilities, features and value to the customer in an effort to support software-only sales
- Develop Pre-sales solutions for hybrid cloud migration services, application rationalization, and DR to include development of work orders, scoping and job costing.
- Lead solution development and coordination of pre-sales support resources to ensure technically and financially superior solutions are delivered to partners and clients includingROM estimates, SOW/proposals, RFI/RFP responses, unsolicited proposals
- Ensure a successful customer/project “hand-off” from Sales to Delivery upon opportunity closure
- Create and deliver technical presentations delivered in meeting, webinar and event settings
- Develop initial draft work orders and various other forms of documentation in support of the sales process such as Work Breakdown Structures (WBS’s)
- Collaborate and form trusted advisor relationships with multiple key stakeholders at a customer-level, partner-level as well as internal TDS teams.
- Stay current on overall competitive knowledge in her/his sphere of technical excellence
- Identify additional internal resources, when necessary, required to interact with the customer in a pre-sales capacity, and engage and direct those resources accordingly in various pre-sales meetings while soliciting key information required to ultimately build a migration solution
- Occasionally serve as an internal technical account manager as questions arise from various groups internally and externally
- Work with TDS and partner program teams as the TDS solution lead for programmatic and catalog solution development and management
- Educate/Evangelize TDS partners on TransitionManager value propositions and use cases
- Lead and mentor TDS partners relative to TransitionManager value propositions to align with partner business model and objectives
- Understand key partner tool chains as opportunity to optimize and integrate and help differentiate TDS TM in the marketplace
- Technical programmatic support of key partners and opportunities
- Build technical relationships with key partners and resources
- Partner with TDS project management and delivery teams to represent and evangelize TDS methodology and best practices to support services sales
- Support oral presentations for sales and project kick-off meetings
- Author thought leadership content aligned to primary partner opportunities and TDS messaging and positioning. Actively promote through social media and partner channels
Portfolio Management & Delivery
- Act as a thought leader supporting product and service offering development initiatives for new TransitionManager use cases
- Participate in strategic assessments of client data center environments to determine cloud strategies, cloud readiness and business cases
- Develop technical strategies to perform migrations to the cloud
- Assist with the development of custom and repeatable service offerings and TDS consulting delivery methodology and deliverable templates
- Author and present best practice, position and technology white papers
- Develop material to support engineer-training initiatives for execution of newly defined offerings.
- Review and interpret emerging technologies as they relate to cloud, DR, application rationalization/modernization, and data center migration strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Please fill out form to apply: