Senior Migration Consultant
The Senior Migration Consultant focuses on delivering projects in the field of infrastructure technologies including data center consolidation/relocation, and migration (physical and logical) including server, storage, virtualization, and database.
The position will require strong client facing skills and a deep consulting background. The candidate will lead and coordinate all aspects of the data center migration project.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the TDS TransitionManager transformation tool and direct migration consultants on TDS Best Practice use in the delivery of migration projects
Work jointly with Project Management team to manage/deliver Client projects, ensure overall adherence to defined TDS methodology and quality of delivery services
- Lead migration discovery, analysis & planning and execution project phases with Clients and TDS resources
- Work with Client and TDS Project Management to gather/analyze Client requirements and match to TDS solutions
- Analyze gathered environment data to normalize, map and import to establish dependencies and determine move groups and events.
- Participate in meetings to determine the level of granularity and sequencing required in Migration runbooks.
- Create or edit runbook recipes necessary to drive move events.
- Drive and participate in SME interviews to gather system, application and dependency information.
- Conduct logistical and technical migration strategy sessions with Clients
- Oversee assigned delivery resources on projects to manage quality of delivery and adherence to defined schedulesAttend remote and on-site meetings with Clients.
- Facilitate and lead Client Application and Server Subject Matter Expert (SME) interviews/workshops.
- Jointly lead regular status meetings with Client and TDS project team.
- Identify and communicate project risks, issues and mitigation strategies
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Help develop Client Statement of Work (SOWs), Presentations and Deliverables
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to team and superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Skill in working with groups to build consensus.
- Significant knowledge and experience in application, data center and infrastructure projects – data center migrations and consolidations required.
- Understanding of and ability to perform server and application dependency analysis.
- General understanding of data center functions (production operations, network, change control, DR/Business recovery, systems management, and facilities) with a focus on application, server, storage, and network platform technologies.
- Skill in technical planning of information technology projects.
- General understanding of Client/Server application architectures and platform requirements
- General understanding of Cloud deployment architectures and migration strategies
- Excellent knowledge in data analysis, data validation, data cleansing and developing source to target mapping document for migration
- Comfort with MS Excel advanced features (V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the delivery of data center consulting services in the delivery of large, complex migration projects
- 8+ years of overall IT technology project experience
- Travel up to 40%
- Must be flexible to changing schedules
- Some weekend and night work is common since data center moves are generally on a Friday night/Saturday
The above statements are intended to provide the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.
To apply please fill out form below and upload your resume: