The Regional Sales Director is responsible for developing, managing and expanding new, existing and prior client relationships in the assigned territory with the intent of positioning and selling the entire portfolio of TDS services and software solutions. Successful sales results will be achieved by understanding client needs, objectives and desired outcomes, matching core TDS capabilities and solutions to those needs, evangelizing our highly differentiated solutions and articulating meaningful business and solution specific value propositions that resonate with executive, technical and financial buyers.
- Sell the entire portfolio of TDS services and software solutions to enterprise clients (new and existing) within the assigned geographic territory through sales calls and sales presentations
- Develop and execute on an account penetration strategy for prospective, prior and current clients
- Interact regularly with client, partner and influential contacts to identify client business, financial and technical needs to ensure alignment with the TDS value proposition and qualify potential opportunities
- Articulate and evangelize the business, financial and technical value of both software and integrated software+services solutions across multiple layers of the client/prospects organization
- Develop ROM estimates, build software and service proposals, lead RFP responses, craft SOW and present value-added sales proposals
- Utilize and maximize the TDS sales and marketing technology tools and technology stack to identify new contacts, target accounts, follow-up on leads, develop relationships, qualify opportunities and manage pipeline/forecasting
- Act as a liaison between the client and TDS executives, consultants and thought leaders to further develop relationships, identify new opportunities, resolve issues and close sales
- Leverage partner field sales relationships to generate new leads and opportunities and evangelize the TDS value proposition
- Meet individual sales quota within the assigned territory
- 10+ years of quota carrying sales experience in the IT industry selling consulting and outsourcing services
- 5+ years in a direct (not overlay) territory or industry sales role selling to CIO, VP of IT, Enterprise Architect and Digital Transformation Leaders of Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience selling IT service management, datacenter automation, auto-discovery and/or cloud migration software and associated implementation services
- Knowledge and practical experience developing a new territory including account targeting, penetration, needs identification and relationship development
- Depth of knowledge of IT infrastructure, cloud, datacenter and network technologies and industry trends
- Experience with sales and marketing automation tools and technologies to identify contacts, follow-up on leads, develop relationships, qualify opportunities and manage pipeline/forecasting
- Documented track record of success in a fast-moving sales environment carrying combined services and software sales quotas in excess of $4M per year
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
- Must be based in a major metro area within the assigned territory and be able to travel a minimum of 30% within the given territory
Transitional Data Services, Inc. (TDS) is a profitable, privately held software and technology services company based in Westborough, Massachusetts. We are committed to helping our clients realize the desired outcomes of their digital transformation programs by accelerating their adoption of new technologies and IT operating models while reducing the risk associated with these transitions and lowering the hidden, and often costly burden, placed upon their internal and external IT resources. TDS was founded in 2002 by a core team of technology and industry professionals with experience in data center infrastructure, IT operations, enterprise architecture, application development, open source technologies, network design, security, disaster recovery, IT strategy and governance with simple mission of doing things faster with more predictable costs and reduced risk through the effective application of enabling technology and a maniacal focus on improving process efficiency.
To apply, please fill out the form below and upload your resume.