TDS Data Center Consulting Services
Master Planning is an important part of effectively managing a data center’s Power, Cooling, Space, Efficiency and Reliability throughout its lifespan. It is important that the Master Plan be developed and implemented from both; the IT and Facilities perspectives. Whether an existing or new data center, TDS consultants will work with IT, Facilities and Engineering teams to ensure that your data center will be prepared for the future.
TDS Consultants will assess your existing data center’s critical infrastructure and provide recommendations to remediate problem areas and position the data center for an extended service life. Primary areas of focus include:
- Emergency generator(s)
- UPS systems
- Power distribution
- Cooling infrastructure
- Cold air supply and heat rejection
- Space utilization
If you are planning to build a new data center, TDS can help. TDS consultants will work with you to develop:
- Availability requirements
- Architectural and engineering design criteria
- The Data Center Master Plan
Today, many data centers are struggling to keep up with the demands of the latest generation of IT systems. In many cases, they were designed to support a previous generation of equipment, characterized by:
- Relatively low power and heat loads
- High cable requirements
Today’s newer generation of equipment, with blade servers, SAN storage, and high-speed networks have different demands:
- Higher power and heat load within the same footprint
- Redundant power supplies
- Fiber connectivity
Because of this evolution, many companies are wasting money on inefficient power and cooling systems or have an inflexible, obsolete data center layout, all of which can affect the ability of a data center to operate at full potential. In many cases, correcting these problems is inexpensive or has a short-term ROI, and can significantly extend the life of your data center.
Our Principal Consultants can:
- Assess the current state of your data center to diagnose underlying issues
- Recommend the best solutions for your particular situation
- Assist in the creation of both short-term and long-term data center master plans, and then, .
- Acting as Owner’s Representative, help implement those plans either by optimizing your current data center or by facilitating the move into a new facility.
And, if you’re building out a new data center, either to replace an aging facility, or to accommodate business growth, TDS has the expertise to guide you through the entire process, from requirements definition to selection of an appropriate site, through design, construction, commissioning and start-up.
Since we are not a VAR, reseller or real estate broker, our recommendations are completely unbiased, and always made in our clients’ best interest
Running out of power, cooling or space in your data center? Learn how TDS can help you address your challenges.